- Integrating ETAP’s operator training simulator and power system monitoring and simulation system into EcoStruxure™ Power Operation reduces risks related to costly system downtime and safety and improves response time for facility incidents
- Real-time operator training and predictive simulation help reduce risks for operators and facility managers
Mississauga, Ontario – Schneider Electricthe global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, and ETAPToday, the industry and technology leader in the design and operation of power systems, announced the integration of EcoStruxureTM Power on with the ETAP Operator Training Simulator (eOTSTM) and ETAP Power System Monitoring & Simulation (PSMSTM) Enable model-based power system training and predictive analysis for operators and engineers.
This unique integration allows all EcoStruxure power supply systems to connect to the ETAP Electrical Digital Twin on a continuous real time basis. Through this connection, operators can establish and understand the behavior of the power system during various realistic or reasonable operating scenarios. New operating procedures can be designed and validated against emergencies using the familiar EcoStruxure Power Operation interface without the risk of affecting actual operations – all thanks to the eOTS platform and ETAP core simulation
“A lack of intelligence in the energy system can have huge financial implications,” said Sophie Burgen, senior vice president of digital energy at Schneider Electric. “The ability to integrate the Digital Twin with the Power SCADA system is a unique offering that will help companies avoid unplanned outages caused by human error, reduce start-up times and commissions, and assess operator awareness and readiness.”
40 percent of unplanned shutdowns are caused by operator errors. Allowing power system engineers to anticipate potential failures and plan for future systems expansions has a real business impact as the lack of power system intelligence can cause huge financial losses. Oil and gas rigs experience losses of up to $3 million per outage, and one electrical event in the semiconductor industry means a loss of $3.8 million, while for hospitals, losses are close to $1 million for every 8 hours of outage. Using the latest technology to improve system planning and design, identify and correct potential hidden problems, and avoid unexpected errors can prevent these costly system disruptions.
“Integrating real-time condition awareness, process management and online electrical grid analysis capabilities allows power system operators, engineers and facility managers to better visualize, analyze and optimize electrical system operations,” said Tanuj Khandelwal, CEO of ETAP. “ETAP Electrical Digital Twin with its real-time underpinnings scale up EcoStruxure Power Operation enabling our customers to monitor, manage, control and implement advanced energy analysis in the same environment in a sustainable way. It is exactly the situational intelligence facilities they need to design and operate their networks on the combined digital dual driving efficiency. and cost savings.”
The ability to use live system data from Schneider’s EcoStruxure Power Operation to feed the Digital Twin greatly reduces system downtime and drives more accurate decision making, along with:
- Reduce safety risks: This technology helps reduce exposure to safety by practicing emergencies and dangerous situations without threatening any real danger. Safety is also enhanced by enhancing operator skills and sharpening decision-making processes by solving and analyzing multiple “what if” scenarios.
- Deeper Learning: ETAP eOTS supports operators in developing valid sequences of operations, secure transfer procedures, and Power SCADA response validation that respond under a wide range of conditions. The operator training simulator provides a convenient, safe and effective learning environment. The results provide deep insights to maintain safe and reliable system operations.
- Faster response time: ETAP PSMS with Predictive Analysis is a power system simulator based on a model that predicts system behavior in response to trigger actions and events using real-time and archived data. ETAP PSMS enables power system engineers to anticipate potential failures and plan for future system expansions. In the event of an unexpected equipment failure, it is possible to respond faster to incidents due to its unique and standardized post-mortem analysis and event triggering capabilities.
To find out more, visit https://www.se.com/ww/en/product-range/65405-ecostruxure-power-operation/#overview. To learn more about the ETAP offer, please visit https://etap.com/solutions/eots For ETAP OTS and https://etap.com/packages/monitoring-simulation for ETAP PSMS.
About Schneider Electric
The purpose of Schneider is Empowering everyone to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging the bridges between progress and sustainability For everyone. we call this life goes on.
Our mission is to be yours A digital partner for sustainability and efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, and endpoint for cloud-connected products, controls, software, and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
we Most of the global local companies. We are advocates of open standards and ecosystems for partnership that are passionate about our commons Purposeful, comprehensive and strong Value.
Discover the latest perspectives shaping sustainability, Electricity 4.0, and next-generation automation Schneider Electric ideas
Media Relations – Edelman on behalf of Schneider Electric, Juan Pablo Guerrero, Phone: +1416875 7173, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
#Schneider #Electric #ETAP #announce #dual #digital #integration #enables #operator #training #simulations #dramatically #reduce #operational #risks